For updated information on the Bombay Velvet poster contest, please visit our dedicated page here.
Hello folks. We’re very excited to announce a collaboration with Phantom Films and Fox Star Studios India in launching a poster design contest for Anurag Kashyap’s film Bombay Velvet. The film is scheduled to release on 15th May and stars some of the biggest names in Bollywood including Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Karan Johar. Set in 1960’s Bombay, it tells the the story of a boxer, Johnny Balraj (Ranbir Kapoor) and an up-and-coming jazz singer Rosie (Anuskha Sharma) as their fate intertwines in Johnny’s quest to make it big.
Anurag Kashyap is redefining Hindi cinema and we’re thrilled to be able to have our artist community participate in what is our first Bollywood collaboration. The contest will be run on the Cupick platform.
Bombay Velvet Official Fan Poster Contest Participation Details
1. The contest is open to anyone aged 16 and above. Participation is welcome from any country as long as prizes shipped from India are allowed through your postal system.
2. Submissions for the contest will only be accepted through Cupick. (details below)
3. There is no restriction on the number of entries that can be submitted by an individual.
4. All submission of entries must happen before the midnight of 10th May. We will not consider any entries received after the deadline.
5. Voting will be open till midnight of 12th May. Votes after the deadline will not be counted during selection of the winner.
6. Winners will be announced on 13th May with communication being sent via email as well as being published across various social channels of Cupick.
7. Entries that do not meet the minimum file specification and guidelines (mentioned below) may be disqualified even if they receive votes and are selected by the jury as a winner.
8. The winning entry will be selected on the basis of votes (50% weightage each) by the general public and a hand-picked jury comprising the director of Bombay Velvet, Mr. Anurag Kashyap, along with panelists from Cupick, Phantom Films and Fox Star India. The decision will be final. Cupick will not accept any correspondence regarding the same from any individual.
9. As this project has been commissioned by Phantom Films and Fox Star Hindi, submissions from participants cannot be used in any commercial activity including selling on any merchandise.
10. The copyright of each artwork remains with the artist, however, the rights to commercialize submitted designs (through Cupick) lie with Fox Star Hindi who are not liable to pay royalties to the artist for the same.
11. By submitting the entry to this contest each participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. In addition, by submitting work to Cupick, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions pertaining to the use of the platform.
12. Cupick reserves the right to modify or delete any of the rules and regulations and gratifications stated without prior notice. Participation is at your discretion if any such circumstances arise.
Submissions open: 2nd May onward
Submissions close: Midnight 10th May
Voting closes: Midnight 12th May
Announcement of Winner: 13th May
How to participate?
1. Please read the rules and regulations of participating in the contest.
2. Create an account on Cupick here and start uploading. If you’re already an artist on Cupick, you can go ahead and start uploading from your account.
3. Once you submit, be sure to tell you friends to ‘love’ your artwork as 50% of weightage in picking a winner is through votes (‘loves’).
1. Complete artistic freedom is given in creating the ‘Official Bombay Velvet Fan Posters’. Whether you draw, paint, illustrate or create digitally, all that matters is your imagination. Let it run wild.
2. Any artwork containing nudity or sensitive content must be marked NSFW (Not Safe for Work)
3. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
File Specifications and Upload Guidelines
1. Cupick accepts only JPEG and PNG formats
2. We accept file sizes upto 50Mb and recommend a minimum resolution of 5600×8400 pixels. Your artwork does not have to be in the above mentioned aspect ratio, however, we’re strict on artwork being in high resolution. Artwork that does not meet the resolution specifications may be liable to disqualification.
3. Artwork must be custom-tagged bombayvelvet (no spaces), or have Bombay Velvet in the Title while using the Cupick ‘Upload Artwork’ page.
Resources and Reference Images
We have some exciting prizes lined up and will announce it shortly.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com with subject line containing ‘Bombay Velvet’. Be sure to include your name and contact number.