HasGeek hosts five big conferences a year in Bangalore, plus many workshops, hacknights and open house gatherings for geeks – people so obsessed with their pursuits that they know more about it than so called “experts” do.
They are programmers and wordsmiths, architects and videographers, but are not particularly good on a static canvas. That is where they need you.
ELEVATOR PITCH: HasGeek hosts conferences, workshops, hacknights, etc for geeks.
COMPENSATION/ANNUAL SALARY: Rs. 2,50,000 – Rs. 4,50,000
WHAT WILL THE JOB ENTAIL?
- You will be designing event themes, motifs and illustrations that go along with the conference brand. You’ve really got to catch people’s attention with this stuff!
- You will be creating designs that go on conference merchandise.
- You will be creating templates for advertisements to complement their social media efforts.
- You will be creating graphics for event websites.
- You need to have an eye for interesting, iconic imagery and visualizations and a skilled hand for creating your own work using popular tools of the trade such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and/or free software favorites such as GIMP, Kirta or Inkscape.
- HasGeek would love to see samples of your work or hobby projects online. Please upload your portfolio onto Cupick and add your Behance and/or other links to your Cupick profile when applying.
COMPENSATION, PERKS AND ‘WILL I GET A MAC?’
With great success comes greater responsibility. And compensation. Almost everyone who’s worked with HasGeek and moved on earns 200%-500% of what they were making before they joined them. Being HasGeek Alumni is good for your career.
You will receive market-rate salaries. This is one of the perks of being a company that makes real money from actual customers. Who are their customers? The thousands of individuals who find jobs on their job board every month, well over 5000 individuals who’ve attended their events (and paid for it), and a marquee list of pretty much every major technology company that engages with developers.
You will be provided with travel grants so you can work out of inspiring places – half of the HasGeek team spent most of June this year, hacking in the Himalayas. The team regularly takes off to the mountains or the beach to get a break from Bangalore’s chaotic traffic or to find some inspiration.
- HasGeek will cover your personal phone and internet bills for upto INR 2000 per month.
- Your choice of work-related equipment, paid for by the company (the rumors about Mac and them are true).
- Flexible timing and work culture with unlimited vacations.
- You’ll get to hang out with the smartest geeks from around the world.
- Learn from your peers at the finest conferences (and not just HasGeek) around the world. Yep Hasgeek will cover for you.
Interested? Apply now and send HasGeek your portfolio on Cupick.